Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not give you a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in West Columbia are not the best time for an air conditioner to stop working. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that indicate trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable home is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of your filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also impact the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner maintains cool temperatures in your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. in West Columbia can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 803-265-4208 and stay comfortable this summer.