Having regular air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the West Columbia season, have the professionals at Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, as opposed to illegally discharging it to the environment.
- Look for proper airflow through the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. today at 803-265-4208.