In West Columbia you rely on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the colder months. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be preparing for furnace fix-up
visit sooner rather than later. Simply put, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some symptoms for you to scan for. The quicker you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in an expert, like Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc., if you note any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cold? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating at top volume or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company checks it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a number of complications. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. at 803-265-4208 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.