As spring starts, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in West Columbia? Especially if your AC system is recently purchased or was operating well last season.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any maintenance for it, such as changing the oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving parts can malfunction.
Having your unit checked annually by a Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. tech can help spot small problems before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a specialist to take care of delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that build up within your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling expenses and in the long-term, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps locate minor troubles before they become major, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely inspect components and perform a set of cooling performance checks. These detailed measures often allow us to locate issues before they become extensive problems that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your equipment is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your equipment is set to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the wisest approaches to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the work we’ll do:
We’ll inspect the ensuing areas and components:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Tune-Up Now with Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc.
This week is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. pros a ring at 803-265-4208 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your residence, be sure to check our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.