With warmer temps right around the corner, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is running at peak efficiency, it can save a large amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically heighten your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. professional perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system working efficiently for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is running as it should be and can identify looming problems in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it could damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area around your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them every month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned routinely will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. a call at 803-265-4208.