It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or scrolling Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like being informed when it’s time for air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and update the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically change the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do provide a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the best savings possible. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to notify you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across many different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a variety of benefits that can help better your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Tri City Fuel & Heating Co., Inc. in West Columbia has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 803-265-4208.